Skip to main content

John Waller "While I'm Waiting" feat. scenes from FIREPROOF

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Am Listening

 12 Items or Less   Have you ever found yourself asking, "Does God  really  hear me when I pray?"  Followed by, "When is He  going to answer me ?" I want you to understand, I know God hears the prayers of His people, but from time to time, it would be great to get an express answer to our prayers, right? God, I have have 12 items or less, please help, I need the express prayer line please. Sounds a little ridiculous when I say it out loud, but, I know I have said it in my mind over and over again. As a Christian I understand that instant answers to prayer don't usually happen, however I have discovered that He does answer prayers in His time and sometimes I don't hear the answer because it's not the way I think it should be answered... I believe God speaks to us in many different ways, through His Word, His Church, and through our Christian family. He was speaking to me, but I wasn't listening, I was hanging on to my dreams, not God's reality.

A Blank Page

As I grow older, I have discovered "living" has a way of weaving unexpected twists and turns in my life.  There are those mountain top experiences filled with overwhelming joy and hope. I have discovered that many times mountain top experiences are followed by a descent to the valley below. Walking through the valley can be lined with heartaches, disappointment, pain, and isolation.  Although I am never sure what lies ahead of me as I travel through life, the mountain tops, and the valleys, I am certain that I do not travel alone.  Whether up on the mountain top or in the valley below, there is a rhythm, a heartbeat and melody that runs through all life.  The Creator and the created.  Be still, listen, watch closely and you will see it and feel it surrounding you.    I have been reading a book by Sharon W. Betters and Susan Hunt, "Aging With Grace." I have been reminded while reading this book of this fact, that more days are behind me than are ahead of me.  I u

Have You Ever Asked Yourself, What's My One Thing?

I love walking, usually I bring along Spotify or Pandora, recently  I experienced  something new for me, I  walked without music, or a podcast, without talk radio pumping sounds of conversations through my ears. I must admit, I thought this is going to be a boring walk. As I walked I noticed the sounds of my footsteps, with each step, I was aware of the sound of my steps as they thumped along the pavement. Smiling to myself, I breathed in the stillness that surrounded me. Slowly songs of the morning filled my ears, bringing a smile to my heart. You know those sounds, a quite song of the Morning Dove, the call of the Pileated Woodpecker, squirrels rustling through the leaves as they scurry around to gather acorns for the winter.  As I continued down the road of ahead, I noticed a farmer was bringing in the fall harvest, in the distance, I could see the red tractor methodically moving back and forth through the rows of corn, the only sound heard, the faint hum of the harvester.  Simple,